Thursday, April 30, 2015

A Month of Change

April has been a really busy month for myself and my family.  April usually means baseball season has begun and we are constantly out on a ball field cheering Tim on.  This year, we also added Avery to the mix, which makes everything busier.  I also have to square away running time for myself and be able to do the normal things at home.  With all this going on, we still had time to visit my Grandparents earlier in the month, plant the flower beds and our new garden beds.  Things have changed drastically from a year ago when we were just trying to get the baby's room ready.  We had all those pre-race jitters of an oncoming baby and we were freaking out.  But a year later, we now have a walking, talking beautiful daughter who keeps us busy every minute.

April has also been about change.  As most people know, Lori and I were in a bad spot in our lives and we have decided to work on everything to make ourselves and our family better.  I am not going to divulge to much on here because this isn't the place but we are happy.  Nobody can judge either of us because they are not in our relationship and I hope people keep it that way.  But at the end of the day, we are much happier than ever and look forward to all the challenges and achievements that are part of marriage and family.

On a running note, my training has never been better.  I have hit my biggest week and month mileage since I started.  I ran 115 miles by the end of the month which killed my best month ever.  it helps that i am at my lightest weight and have been running 5 times a week instead of 4.  I am also pleased with my speed.  One of the great benefits of the J&A Training Team has been meet-ups for runs on the weekends.  Last week I did 12.5 with a pace of 8:42.  My goal is to break 2 hours in my half in May.  I should be able to do this.  I have also ran a few races in the past few weeks.  I am also excited that Lori decided to go on her own journey with signing up for the Dirty Girl 5k.  We have been able to spend some quality time together running and getting coffee together.




Weight Watchers has been going great.  I am only 2.8 pounds from lifetime.  I have been going over my daily points a lot lately but that is mostly because I am running more.  I don't feel too bad when I earn over 100 activity points a week.  I do miss my Saturday Morning meetings but I have purely enjoyed getting outside every Saturday morning also.

Its crazy to think about how much my life has changed but it has only changed for the better.  Avery will be one year old next week, Lori and I are the healthiest we have ever been and Tim is enjoying being on his travel team and the Princess Anne Middle School baseball team.  We also got to enjoy the ODU vs. UVA baseball game this week.  Avery really enjoyed all the sites and sounds.


No comments:

Post a Comment