Sunday, January 10, 2016

Thankful for Life

This week was such a crazy week.  Between a crazy deadline at work, running, and oh, this thing called a teenager and 20 month old, it's been a fairly busy week.   Add in a memorial service at Arlington National Cemetery and Lori's work schedule, we have had fun.

But today on my run with the Ryan Conrad, I was thinking about how thankful I am for all the things I have in my life.

Tuesday at the Memorial Service it was a bitter sweet day.  Lori and I took Avery with us because we know my Grandma Joanne would love to see her again.  Avery got to also spend some more time with her Great Aunt Nancy and Uncle Dan.  Uncle Dan was very thoughtful and got Avery a plate full of whip cream.  It was also a sad day because we finally laid my Aunt Linda to rest.  But rest assured, she will be where she belongs.  With all the other great men and women who have served our country.  Watching a service at Arlington is very different than any other service I have been to.  It is a very beautiful site.  I am very thankful to have such wonderful family like my Aunts, Uncles and my grandparents.

Thursday and Saturday was filled with great memories with #trainjanda.  Thursday, Lori ran with her running partner, Becky.  These two keep each other going when they want to quit or cut it short.  Saturday was a wonderful morning.  So many people had new accomplishments.  Lori and Becky ran their farthest run together and finally got to the water stop.  Stephanie, Bianca, and many others ran their longest runs ever.  Dennis, a 65 year old navy vet ran the farthest he ever has, most of #teamawesome including Julie, Debbie, Jackie, White Keisha, Elizabeth and Ashlee all killed their run and had dominant negative splits.  Watching my team grow is what I love about pacing.  Watching them do what they think is impossible makes my job so easy.  All this is what I am thankful for.  It motivates me.  It makes me happy.  I couldn't be more proud of being part of watching this team grow.



I am also so thankful for my wife.  She puts up with me.  She loves me for me.  And she supports me.  I can go on and on about things I don't have but I would rather talk about the things I do. I never thought seven years ago I would have a home to call home, a loving wife, a family and two wonderful kids.  All the things I have in my life are amazing.  I have amazing in laws and my family is amazing too.

Today I ran the best run I had in a while mentally.  I had some really great conversations with Ryan.  Sometimes all you need is a beautiful 65 degree day in January at the beach and a good buddy to run with. It refreshed my training. So Thanks Ryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment