Sunday, August 3, 2014

Big Morning

Today I ran my long run.  I ran 9 miles.  I will be honest. It was tough.  But I guess that's why I am training so its not tough later.  I did pretty well.  I ran an average pace of 12:05.  Not bad.  At 5 miles I felt really good.  My legs were loose and my foot pain, shin splint, and other little kinks went away.  Mile six I started to go down hill.  You could tell from my splits that I was slowing down.  I could feel it too.  But it's okay.  I don't expect it to be easy.  On the positive side, I ran my longest run ever.  Very proud of that.  I do think I need to start going somewhere else to do my long run.  I think next week I am going to the boardwalk.

Yesterday I weighed in and lost 4.8 pounds.  I was pretty excited.  I had been struggling and only loosing a minimal amount.  To normal people,that's fine but I know I have been on the extreme side because of my running regiment.  So I lost another five pounds and I am less then one pound away from my next anchor, which would be the 75 pounds.  That's exciting.  Looking forward to getting that and making my next goal weight of 80 pounds.

Today is my best pal Ryan's birthday.  He is turning 5.  Looking forward to partying up.  Here's a picture of us rocking our onesies.


No comments:

Post a Comment