Sunday, September 14, 2014

Freedom Run 9.11 Mile 9-13-14

I didn't really know what to expect for this race since it was the first I have ever done with Mettle Events.  I was impressed with the Dismal Swamp Canal Trail. It's nice to see work I am doing happen in real life.  The race was for a good cause.

But overall it was okay.  The sign up website sucked.  Didn't tell which park entrance to go to, especially for locals who don't go to the Swamp often. I heard all this while waiting for the bathroom.  They also didn't have it mapped out to see where the water stations are.  Which is annoying when you are training for a race and want to practice spreading your water breaks.  I loved the distance.  It was perfect for a practice race for a half.  Other than that it is nothing to brag about. I know it is about a fundraiser but for $50 it isn't really worth it. The medal was cheesy and I can say since I was 55 out of half of the runners, when I finished, it was a dead zone.  Nobody cheering, nobody watching.  I felt bad for the back half of people who weren't close to finishing.

I expected more I guess but I also have expectations of an enjoyable race for $50.  Will I do it again?  Yes.  Good cause, good distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment