Thursday, September 18, 2014

Two Year Anniversary


My life has changed so much since I moved south.  Sometimes I think about how my life was and is and I am just blown away.  5 years ago I would of never thought I was a husband, a parent, and an employee of one of the biggest city's in Virginia.  Sometimes, you hear about people in the past and go, "wow, glad i don't talk to them".  This week that happened to me.  Which is kind of funny because on the eve of my wedding, this said person was emailing me about a damn shot glass.  Anyways........as I digress.  I remember leaving Michigan and saying, "What the hell am I doing?".  I didn't have a future, all I had was a U-haul with a bunch of crap.  I still have a lot of that crap but now  it means something.  I remember three Halloweens ago I was having a blast, being single, and just enjoying a friends of a friends party.  I never thought in my wildest dreams that I would of met the woman of my dreams.  But I did.  It's funny too because in all my years, all the parties, all the friends I had who were female, this is the only person I truly chased.  Maybe it was because she was beautiful.  Maybe it was just because she was funny and just had a lot going for her.  If you were to look on paper, we would of never been a match.  Here it is in a nut shell.

Lori:
Divorced, older, single parent, elementary age son, works night, Southern, loves country music

Steve:
SINGLE, younger, scared of kids, Damn Yankee, From the City, Loves Hip Hop

But we met, fell in love within months.  We had to plan our wedding before we had even dated a year.  But a few things happened.  I fell in love with her, loved being around her son, and enjoyed her lifestyle.  I enjoyed meeting her extended family on our first date.  

Two years ago, I got to throw the funnest party I have ever been to and it was my wedding.  We had an awesome site; outdoors, only a few miles away from our house, in beautiful Pungo.  We had an amazing DJ.  We had an eclectic group of family and friends.  I had some non drinkers, from friends from Michigan and close family.  Lori had half of Pungo there.  The party was awesome.  My best friend didn't even leave until midnight.  The best part was that I had the hottest date there, my beautiful wife, +Lori Lambert .  She looked drop dead gorgeous and still does to this day.  

Two years has past.  We have a bigger family.  We have baby Avery in our lives now.  We have a great group of friends and family.  I couldn't be any happier.  Lori and I have had our trials and tribulations before we met each other but sometimes fate just hits in you in the face.  We have both had heartache and pain.  But the difference now is we will have each other to lean on during those times.  

It might be only two years but it has been the best two years of my life.  Marriage, new job, weight loss, new baby and let's not forget, Lori has been going to school during this whole time.  But one thing hasn't changed.  Just like two years ago when I saw her for the first time in her wedding dress, I am still madly in love with her.

Happy Anniversary Lori. 



No comments:

Post a Comment