Sunday, February 22, 2015

Shamrock Training: February

February was going great.  I was hitting record weekly mileages.  Enjoying my runs with my pacing team.  I don't know how much I can say it but they are amazing.  They are such a motivation.  Life sometimes gives you some bumps in the road and this past week was definitely one of them. From Monday until Saturday, the temperatures in Virginia Beach were below freezing and we got a few inches of snow Monday night and sleet after that.  Which made the whole city one giant ice pond.  So I got one run in early Monday.  And then all the wheels fell off.  Tuesday I started getting sick and then I could barely get through the week.  Man, did that cold kick my butt.  It just reminds myself how important it is to take care of yourself and to remind yourself that it is okay if you miss a few runs.  I decided to skip the J&A Training run yesterday because it was only 14 out.  I am glad I decided to do that.  I woke up refreshed and happy with my decision.  I finally got a run in this morning.  I only ran 4 but it was a good 4.  Most the sidewalks and boardwalk were still iced over.  But it felt good to get my legs back from under me.

Anyways.  Back to training.  creepy morning run.

No comments:

Post a Comment