Monday, March 10, 2014

When life gives you Lemons........you eat Ice Cream (NOT)

So last Tuesday, I found out my grandparents took a turn for the worst.  Both are in their 80's and haven't been healthy for a while.  My grandfather magically went had a back surgery (still don't know why when he isn't mobile because of his knees) and my grams had a stroke and has kidney failure.

The whole week was tough.  It was an emotional roller coaster.  my grandfather is my idol.  So that was pretty tough.  In the past this would of made me probably go on a eating and drinking binge.  But it didn't.  I have too much awesomeness to make me want to screw it up and want to waste all my hard work.  I didn't drink and I didn't overeat.  I ate accordingly to my family's scheduled meals for the week.

I did take a road trip with my stepson to visit them.  It was worth it.  Both were so happy and now are out of the hospital and are in the nursing home rehabbing.  I didn't also splurge on the car ride.  Which is really tough because i was in a ca for 28 hours in 3 days.  I only bought myself a few tootsie pops and sugar free gum for the drives and only drank 5 hour energies for caffeine boost.  I brought my breakfasts with me.  Ate salads or veggies with everything.

I researched ahead of time that there was a WW weigh in on Saturday nearby.  Stopped by and weighed in.  i lost .8.  I was happy with that.  I was more proud that I didn't let my emotions control my life.  It also helps being healthier because I didn't need as much energy drinks as I use to.

It was a great moment in my life just to realize i did that.

On a side note.  Foot is still a little sore but not bad.  No pain now but can tell its not 100%.  Got my new shoes in the mail while I was gone.  Still planning on running the 8k.  nervous but excited to tackle this.

I wish they had weight classes instead of age groups.  because I would kick ass in the fat class.

Also seeing my invincible Pap reminded me tha


t I am doing the right thing by getting healthier so I can be healthier when i am older.


No comments:

Post a Comment