Thursday, October 30, 2014

Wicked 10k Recap and Running lull........

So I ran the Wicked 10k this past weekend.  it was a lot of fun.  I ran my fastest ever average pace even with a 3.5 minute bathroom stop just past the first mile.  I was pretty nervous for this race because I wanted to do really good and I wanted to break an hour time.  That I didn't do but I still did really good and I was super happy with my time.  I wish I could run more races and I know my body can handle it.  I really want to be able to run the new half in Norfolk in November but I don't think I can afford to do it.  My next big race scheduled is the Shamrock Dolphin challenge, which is the half and 8k.

Anyways.  So the race went well.  I didn't get to really hydrate real well the day before.  I was at Howl-O-Scream the whole day and night and couldn't keep up with water intake.  So I chugged a big bottle of water right before the race and it ended up biting me in the ass.  I had to pee right of the bat and I couldn't find a port-o-potty and when I did, I totally regretted it.  First off, there was a ginormous line.  A ton of people had to poop.  Then a bunch of disrespectful runners think it is okay to just cut in front of the line.  When I finally got in, the seat was covered with diarrhea.  I felt bad for all the women.  Anyways, it took me over 3 minutes.

So the rest of the race I hauled it so I could try to break my goal.  Which I didn't but I still kicked ass.  I can't wait to take my daughter to races like that because they are so much fun.  I look forward to it next year.I also met some cool people at the race.  Some really inspiring people who have been on the same journey as me and I hope I can meet more people to run with and meet up at races like this.

On the weight loss journey.  I am doing good.  have been hitting a wall personally but I am still losing weight.  I am down 93 pounds.  So that is good.  My wife started Weight Watchers this week and she is doing good.  My cousin, Dylan, is also doing it and my mother in law, Pickles.  i am glad I can inspire so many people.  They inspire me.

Running wise I am bored.  need a big race to motivate me.  I guess 6 miles isn't enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment