Monday, December 22, 2014

#SURFNSANTA2014

So Saturday was my first Christmas run ever.  It was a ton of fun and I got to run through the Christmas lights at the ocean front.  I am a huge fan of them and I love Christmas, so it was a bonus.  +Lori and Avery came with me for this race.  That was exciting because they haven't seen me race since my half.  It was also nice because it finished inside at the Convention Center.  I had a solid goal time of breaking the 9 minute average barrier.  I didn't do it but that was alright.  It was a tough start due to the amount of people in each Corral.  But I still had fun and killed my PR time.  I ran my fastest 5 mile run ever.  I ran a 9:07 pace.  I was really happy with that.

As I was thinking about my times,. I decided to look back at my times and I was blown away by how much I have taken off my times.  I ran my first race in March at the Shamrock, ran another 8k in June, and this race this weekend.  So here is my breakdown of my running paces this year.

March: Shamrock 8k - 12:18
June: CHKD 8k - 11:38
October: Anthem 10k - 9: 51
November: Turkey Trot - 9:04
December: Surf N Santa 5 Miler - 9:07

I can't believe I have taken off over 3 minutes off my average race.  I guess that is what happens when you get in shape and lose over 100 pounds.  As always, J & A does a great job and the after party was fun.

I look forward to the race next year.

Merry Christmas everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment