Saturday, January 17, 2015

Hey Steve, You've Lost Too Much Weight

For the past few months people keep asking me, "How much more weight are you going to lose?".  I say, "I don't know, my body keeps losing it so why not keep working on it".  Medically I am officially not extreme obese or just obese, I am actually in the category of just being "overweight".  Which is funny to me because I have been in that category for 33 years.  It's funny how people respond to your weight loss.  Some people are jealous and act out, some people think you have lost too much weight, some people think that you are crazy.  Very few know what it is like to obese your whole life.  Very few people understand the struggles of losing weight, keeping it off.  Some people don't understand my new life style.  Some people don't understand what eating clean is.  

For all the doubters and talkers, here is why I have lost weight and keep it up until I know I am an a healthy position.  Yes, I do enjoy running.  Yes, I do enjoy my healthier lifestyle.  But I am doing this for very few selfish reasons.  For myself to live longer and healthier.  I am also doing this for my family.  I want to be able to be a good dad and husband.  

Last week I met with my Family Doctor to discuss my weight loss and where I should go.  We picked my next goal weight to be 200 pounds.  Its scary and exciting all in one.  But the best part was looking at my blood work.  She was super excited how good my blood work came back.  This is why I decided to lose weight.  Since I have been with our doctor, I have only had two tests done.  One after six months of Weight Watchers and one December 30.  My one in April I know was a great improvement from one before I lost weight but the newest test reminds you why you need to work out and eat healthy.  This is what motivates me.  It motivates me to not have to take blood pressure medicine, water pills or any other crap that I would need or have taken already in my life as a 30 something.  Instead I am healthy by eating right and working out.

This is what motivates me on my runs.  To get healthier for my kids and family. I love surprising my doctors.  


No comments:

Post a Comment