Saturday, June 14, 2014

CHKD Run/ Walk for Kids 8k

Today I ran my second 8k.  I was a little nervous because my wife had to stay home with the baby and I didn't have a cheering section.  The weather was perfect.  It was in the high 60s at the start of the race.  The line to the bathrooms almost made me miss the start.  I got off to a great start.  My first mile was well under my average.  It felt good.  I was in shape much more than in the past.  This run was a lot of fun because it was fora good cause.  It was for CHKD.  It was pretty fun running past Harbor Park where the Norfolk Tides play. I would of liked to seen more of the course blocked up but it is Norfolk.

Anyways,  My time was around 57 minutes.  My last race was 61 so I am happy.  I will find out my real time when they post it.

I didn't get to weigh in because of the race but that is not a big deal.  I did burn 1050 calories this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment