Tuesday, June 3, 2014

MOTIVATION

Saturday I weighed in.  Much to my ignorance and surprise, I gained 0.6 lbs.  Which isn't a lot but it was for me.  Since September 18, 2013 I have been on Weight Watchers.  I have been working out.  I have been staying on target of my points every week.  I was really disappointed in myself.  Not because it was a gain.  But because I let myself be lackadaisical.  Last week wasn't the greatest week.  We had family in town, celebrated Memorial Day, Spent two days at a baseball tournament.  You know, normal day things.  But I let it get to me.

I used my weekly points on multiple days.  I probably didn't even count right because I was at a party that had a bunch of finger food.  I told myself I would be alright since I ran 4 times during the week.  I didn't go over my weekly bonus points but I didn't do great.  I ate crappy snacks at work.  In hindsight, I should of expected it to be that bad.  This was the first time I truly gained during a week.  Until Saturday, I felt bulletproof.  I felt that I was doing enough to keep losing weight.  As the term "lackadaisical" suggests, I lacked enthusiasm and motivation.  When it comes easy, that can happen.  I can make all the excuses in the world: "its okay, I have been doing so good", "we have a newborn", "I have been exercising" or whatever else but I need to stop.  I needed to stop eating peanut M & Ms everyday at work (even if I counted them).I needed to get back on track with planning our meals for us (not just me), plan my schedule to make sure we have time to cook, me time to exercise, and still have time taking care of the everyday projects.

I promised myself a few things:

Work better each week at scheduling meals
Exercise consistently
NO MORE M&Ms

So far it has gone great.  We have eaten out a few times but I made sure to eat better and not cheat.  I also haven't eaten any junk from the office snack room so far.  I have also made sure we cooked every dinner so we had good meals and leftovers.  So far I haven't gone over my daily points or used any of my weekly points.  I have also logged 44 exercise points in 3 days.  I hope I can stay on this schedule this week so I can hit my 60 lb weight loss.

I also need to do better so I can train.  I really want to be able to do a half marathon this fall.  Actually, I want to do two.  I want to run the Rock and Roll half on August 31 at the oceanfront in VB and I want to run the Crawling Crab Half in October.  I really want to do both of these because they both sound fun.  I love J&A Racing because they do a phenomenal job at organizing races.  As long as my body allows me to train I am going to attempt to do these races.  But I need to keep losing weight and eating healthy foods to keep up the fuel to try to do this.

I just need to remind myself.  It's not about the battle, its about winning the war.  One week isn't going to deter me from my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment